How to Set the iPod shuffle
Place your mouse over the image to see (and then click) the play button.
"With iPod shuffle Software version 1.1.4 and iTunes version 6.0.5, you can set a maximum volume limit for your iPod shuffle. To set the maximum volume limit for your iPod shuffle:
1. (Optional) Set your iPod shuffle to the desired maximum volume.
2. Connect the iPod shuffle to your computer.
3. Select the iPod in the Source pane.
4. Select the Settings tab in the main window.
5. Under the options section, select "Limit maximum volume."
Note: If you don't see this option, your iPod shuffle doesn't have the necessary software. You can download the latest iPod Updater for free at the iPod website.
6. Drag the slider to the desired maximum volume. The initial slider setting corresponds to the volume the iPod shuffle was set to when you selected the "Limit maximum volume" checkbox.
7. To require a password to change this setting, click the lock and enter a password.
8. Click Apply to save the changes.
Once the limit is set on your iPod shuffle, the status light will flash orange quickly three times to indicate you have reached the set maximum volume limit." (Apple, 2007)